work in progress
and the snack …..
black rice, hemp oil ,quail egg with truffle and saffron.
the beauty is, cooking the quail egg in truffle juice, we have a result of incredible color and flavor ..
last collected for the winter and then again
Yesterday my brother Marco hunted this female deer
Alain Ducasse’s 12 Core Values
A few days after the release of Alain Ducasse’s talk at MAD3, the chef’s team in Monaco sent over the booklet that illustrates the 12 Core Values of his restaurant group. These tenets are something Ducasse referred to several times at MAD, most notably when he explained that at least one out of every ten decisions the company makes should be a failure. If not, according to Ducasse, they aren’t taking enough risks.
Holding the book in your hands it becomes clear why Ducasse Entreprise doesn’t really circulate these online: they want their staff to hold them and keep them. Ducasse may have restaurants everywhere from St. Petersburg to Doha, but he wants everyone to be on the same page. And to see this as a bit more than just corporate pablum. He’s even included a notebook in the back of booklet for employees that want to bring it along to work with them.
It’s no wonder that Bill Buford recently referred to Ducasse as a “fusspot.”
We can’t help you out with a printed version, but here’s a glimpse at the book and a list of the twelve core values:
1. Passion — Just love… and the rest will follow.
2. Pleasure — To delight our guests is our mission each day.
3. Sharing — Every day learn a little more.
4. Harmony — Act in harmony to deliver a flawless ballet.
5. Leadership — Be the first one… Sky is the limit.
6. Rigor — Reach perfection with rigorous practice.
7. Curiosity — Always keep our eyes open to the world around us.
8. Melting (Diversity) — The melting pot of cultures is a treasure.
9. Excellence — Strive for excellence through the slightest detail.
10. Respect — Respect your peers… You’ll never walk alone.
11. Audacity — Do not fear to undertake.
12. Origins — Remember your roots to know where to go.
that great memories
Last harvest at the farm “Terre Altre” for the winter. Only carrots and turnips are missing at the moment. We will retain the turnips in the sand, putting them in a cellar in total darkness with temperatures that do not exceed 8°C. This gives life to the shoots that we are going to use for the winter snack!
To take advantage of the autumn harvest for the winter, yesterday we picked up the dandelion roots and leaves. We are going to put them in a plastic bag, and we are going ferment at 35 ° for one month.
The result of the shoots is incredible, with a crispy texture.
Later on, we will see the result
The old mine of Florite
Shoots of pine that we matched to deer tongue. And a sort of lichen that we do not know yet. We will try to find it out!
Today we bottled
Cider vinegar, beer-juniper vinegar and infusions of wild herbs and brandy
Grigia Alpina is a particular breed of cow from Alps.
It’s been aged for 45 days; we marinated it with juniper and salt gem, and then grilled. Served with rhubarb, horseradish and yarrow